Parent and Child Day Essay Contest 2023
Send us an essay about your family. This contest is open to everyone and there is no fee for entering. Example subjects: “now we can laugh about it”, “an unbreakable tie”, “an unforgettable memory”, “now that I’m a parent, I finally understand”, “what a crazy family”
Go to Archive to see winning essays from previous years.
|Title:||Write title at top.|
|Applying:||Include your name, age, and address.|
|Length:||Approximately 300 to 500 words.|
Please write “Oyako Day Essay Contest” in the subject line.
|Mail:||OYAKO DAY 2023 Essay Contest
P.O.Box 13 Hayama-machi, 240-0199 Japan
|Instagram:||When posting your essay in Instagram, include hashtag: “#2023親子の日エッセイコンテスト” *images included with post will have no bearing for judging essays. Your name, age, and address, which are required for email/snail-mail submission, can be omitted from the post, but it will be required later if your essay receives an award and gets published on the website)|
|Deadline:||Contest ends August 31, 2023
Prize-winning essays will be announced on the website at a later date.
|Judges:||Essays will be judge by Oyako Day Planning Committee members.|
|Prizes:||To be announced|
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Please apply if you agree to the following.
* Amateur and professional writers may apply, but essay must be unpublished.
* Your essay will not be returned.
* When sending more than one essay by e-mail, send each one separately.
* The copyright is retain by person who wrote essay but Bruce Osborn, Oyako Day Planning Committee, and their sponsors have permission to use essay for publicity and promotion for free.
* Personal information you provide will only be used for things related to “Oyako Day” and not for other purposes.
Applicant’s personal contact information will only use by the Oyako Day Planning Committee and Oyako Day Campaign staff to inform the contest winners.
Unless applicant agrees, we will not give this information to third parties.