Send us an essay about your family.
This contest is open to everyone and there is no fee for entering. Example subjects: “now we can laugh about it”, “an unbreakable tie”, “an unforgettable memory”, “now that I’m a parent, I finally understand”, “what a crazy family”
1. Your essay (include the title of the essay)
2. Your name, address, and age
please include “Oyako Essay Contest” as your e-mail’s subject line
OYAKO DAY 2018 Essay Contest
HAYAMA Post office #13
Contest ends July 23, 2018
Prize-winning essays will be introduced on the website at a later date.
Winning essays will be selected by the Oyako Day Planning Committee members.
To be announced
Please apply if you agree to the following.
* Your essay must be unpublished.
* Your essay will not be returned.
* Essay should be between 500 and 1,000 words, include a title of the essay.
* When sending by e-mail, do not send as an attachment.
* If sending more than one essay by e-mail, send separately.
* When sending by mail, write the title at top of the essay.
* Bruce Osborn, Oyako Day Planning Committee, and its sponsors are not responsible for any disputes resulting from publishing essay.
* The copyright is retained by the person who wrote the essay, but they give Bruce Osborn, Oyako Day Planning Committee, and their sponsors’ permission to use the essay for publicity and promotion for free.
* Personal information you provide will only be used for things related to “Oyako Day” and not for other purposes. Without agreement from the applicant, we will not give this information to third parties.
Applicant’s personal contact information will only use by the Oyako Day Planning Committee and Oyako Day Campaign staff to inform the contest winners.